We take our membership in the world community seriously. Our company is fully committed to supplying the world's flooring needs in a manner consistent with a clean environment. Custom Surface primarily focuses on sourcing from the world's cleanest and most rapid renewable resources. We believe it is a good business practice to protect the environment and the natural and cultural resources of our suppliers and customers.
In addition to complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, we commit to:
- Sourcing our products from renewable resources and suppliers that adhere strictly to all applicable environmental harvesting procedures.
- Make environmental concerns an integral part of our planning and decision making process and commit sufficient resources to implement effective environmental programs.
- Avoid, minimize, and mitigate any adverse environmental impacts caused by our operations where possible.
- Maintain open channels of communication with our customers, employees, government agencies, public officials, the media and the public to meet their information needs in regard to sourcing our flooring products, transporting our products and any other environmental issues.
- Participate with government agencies, suppliers, customers, employees and others in framing responsible laws, regulations and standards affecting the community, the workplace and the environment.
- Continually improve and perfect our environmental programs.
- Promote the efficient use of energy and natural resources through cost-effective conservation and energy management programs.
- Ensure the proper handling and disposal of all wastes, and minimize waste creation while pursuing opportunities to recycle and reuse waste materials and prevent pollution.
- Continuously evaluate our environmental performance through reviews to ensure that our conduct is consistent with these principles.